2.04.2009

children of the revolution

the following is a rather amusing texting conversation i had with the 14 year-old brother (who, for my purposes i shall refer to as "child") of my roommate. we joke of our imminent marriage, which is rather amusing since i am considerably older and dating someone else (who, unlike "child," is old enough that it is legal. i shall call legal boy "bruce wayne"). if it makes the story any better, i just learned that today is child's 14 and a half birthday.

camille: child! i'm so glad i'm going to be married to a state swimmer.
child: aw stop your making me blush! :-">
but you will have to get rid of bruce wayne first, cause he's kinda crampin' my style. and also, i'm not really going for a bigamist marriage.
camille: hm. i think we can make this work. bruce wayne gets weekends.
child: no exceptable, maybe he can have half of every other monday in leap year
camille: that's it. we're through. i'll never forget all the amazing times we had together. farewell, child. my love for you will melt with the snow of spring...
child: wait this will work he can have the second tuesday of every week! and i can also sacrifice the 32nd day of every week!
camille: i'll think about it. g'night, swimmer man.
child: i bid thee good night my fair maiden for when the morrow comes i shall see you again!

"no exceptable." that's my favorite part.

congrats bruce wayne, you win.

3 comments:

Drew said...

good for Bruce Wayne. That lucky dog. Make sure you congratulate him for me.

Elena said...

I like the new look, really fresh and mod yow yow. But ya convro, i give two thumbs up for bruce wayne

Chase said...

I object to his being called "Bruce Wayne". That's my name. I think "Dick Grayson" would fit him better.