4.20.2008

wave boards rock my body... no pun


my latest and greatest obsession are wave boards. also known as wave sticks, street surfers or rip sticks.
i command everyone to learn how, so they can come on rides with me.
it took me three days of practice to become good enough to go down streets easily, but i've seen other people who are naturals.
they are basically skateboards that swivel and have only two wheels.

another confession: i am also obsessed with this song i heard in travis' car. it's called "into the ocean" by blue october from their album foiled. i just bought it off of itunes and now i'm listening to it on repeat :)
one thing i don't understand, is that it's marked as "explicit." there are no swear words whatsoever, and i even looked up the words. there are no innuendos or hidden meanings or anything (but then again, i might just be naive. but i doubt it). i wonder if it's just because some of their other songs on the album are censor-worthy.

at any rate, i have a date with colin firth. that is, i'm going to watch the A & E pride and prejudice until i fall asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, that's pretty good.
Maybe I'll learn after my mission. :)