4.17.2009

glass danse

today, i woke up in a condo in sunny st. george.
that was nice.

what was not nice, however, was the noise that woke me up.

a groundskeeper was using a hedge trimmer to manicure the grass in the back of our complex. i was annoyed that he felt it necessary to use such a noisy power tool at eight in the morning.
CRACK
all of a sudden, there was a loud sound.
"andrew," said my brother gavin who was sleeping near me, "what did you do?"
andrew, our youngest brother had been dancing around the condo for about a half an hour. it's a strange phenomenon that younger kids refuse to sleep while on vacation. "i didn't do it," andrew insisted.
i decided to sit up and put on my glasses. i heard a trickling, cracking sound like rain.
there in the sliding glass door, was an enormous crack.

apparently mr. hedge trimmer had felt it necessary to pick up a rock and pitch it at the window.

even now as i am typing this, i can still hear the window cracking. i bet it shatters within an hour.


2 comments:

lexio said...

oh man. I can't believe I missed that.

p.s. sterl

Bakes. said...

ridiculous.