8.10.2009

bubble pop electric

this morning i woke to a loud noise
an EXPLOSION.

i was still slightly asleep, so i somehow incorporated the explosion into my dream. when i decided to get up, i thought i had dreamt the whole thing.
it wasn't until i went upstairs that i learned the truth.
a poor squirrel had climbed up an electrical pole and blew a transformer.

so now we are without electricity and i am watching the provo city power guys in their cherry picker trying to fix the blown transformer.

i wonder if the squirrel was vaporized. maybe it's just lying dead and fried at the bottom of the pole. i wonder what squirrel tastes like.

5 comments:

Hermana Ferrin said...

Poor squirrel. That's terrible.

gigi said...

Hah! This happened to a squirrel on our street last summer when I was in Italy. I heard the news over email that Ratatosc, the terror of the apricot trees, had perished. But the children of Ratatosc live on.
And by the way, I love your hair {including the color} whether it is curly or straight, it is upersp--which just so happens to be my word verification

lexio said...

eww.

Chase said...

I knew an Elder from Louisiana who liked squirrel, he said it tastes just like chicken. He and his district used to catch squirrels and eat them. I have no idea why anyone would eat a Montreal squirrel though, I've seen what they eat....

Bakes. said...

sad day squirrel.