11.11.2009

show me your colors

warning: this post contains images of very inappropriate pastries. viewer discretion is advised.

i am the luckiest girl on earth.

every morning i wake up and take the metro into downtown paris. on the days when i have classes, i get off at the "hôtel de ville" stop and walk down rue de renard. soon, i find myself in front of the LDS church/institute building.
the catch? i also find myself in the gay neighborhood.

yes, it's true. i spend most of my time in the gay quarter of paris. and when i say gay, i mean it. h-o-m-o-s-e-x-u-a-l.

and DANG do those people know how to make good pastries!
right across from the building where i have classes is "legacy choc," paris' premiere gay pastry shop. as my teacher says, "the gayer it looks, the better it tastes." they've even got little same-sex couple figurines in their window display.
i've had an assortment of goodies from these guys. this one was my favorite.
but i've yet to try the "magic baguette," the phallic-shaped bread complete with poppy seeds for effect.

4 comments:

Maris Scott said...

You mean they don't have those down in Provo on your way to institute? That is so funny!

Sean said...

Awesome! Can you please bring me one when you are coming home from Paris?

Kayla said...

Hilarious, oh Paris. As put off as I am by that, I thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Well...I guess someplace has to have those in their bakery?