4.07.2010

i'll fly away


i love airports. yesterday i was in three of them. in the past eight months, i have been on a plane eight times. that's eight different airports. six of those flights were crammed within three months. i am a pro at navigating airports.
before i flew to paris last september, i hadn't been on a plane since i was five years old (except for the time i went skydiving, but that doesn't count because i jumped out of the plane). i was nervous and didn't know what to do. i called up my cousin-friend laura and told her my fears (cousin-friends are nice. you should get one).
she said, "airports aren't bad. in fact, i love them because you are always going somewhere exciting or coming back from somewhere exciting."
and just like that, i knew i would love them. and i do.

i always sit next to the window. i love to look at the clouds and imagine what it would feel like if i was a giant goddess and i could run my fingers across the fluffy things. the two coolest things i have ever seen from a plane are the grand canyon and iceland.

i love to fly.

2 comments:

Laura said...

oh me too. i love them so, so much. oh, so much.

i like cousin-friends too. and i like you.

lexio said...

I love airports too.
also, you are such a world traveler. I am jealous.

p.s. scerine. I think that is similar to scenery.