11.24.2010

defying gravity

it's sad when someone you love is dying, and there's nothing you can do about it.
so i thought i'd tell you a little bit about my grandma, nedra armstrong anderson.

she loves to read.
she taught honors english to high school students in california.
once, mel gibson taught her class shakespeare.
she was friends with ray bradbury.
(she said once he got famous, he dumped his wife and married a blond bimbo)
she loves to learn.
she has five children. two of them are twins. one had down syndrome.
she and my grandpa eloped (of sorts)... they had a forbidden love.
about a year ago she told me she was still twitterpated with grandpa.
she ran away from home once.

my grandma is the one who got me interested in vampires... before they were cool. (before they turned sparkly and lame, that is.) 

she's led an awesome life, and although i'm sad to see her go, i'm not crying. i know i will see her again. i'm grateful to know that God has created a plan that will let us be together forever.
i love my family! i'm glad i get to be with them forever.

No comments: