11.23.2008

will the birds they put in cages

today elena asked me a very important question.

she said, "what is your theme song for this week?"
and i realized that i had better get one.
first i said "work" by jimmy eat world. then i changed my mind to "holiday" by boys like girls. then i went through all my favorite vampire weekend songs, but nothing fit. i now find myself in a predicament; i am songless for this week.

so i'm open to suggestions for a song. whoever wins will get a prize (which is yet to be determined, but will probably involve something delicious or something like a hug. or maybe i'll dedicate my next blog post to you).

to guide you in your song suggestions, here are some words that are going to describe this week:
  • delicious
  • anticipation
  • distracted
  • busy
  • family
  • fun
  • contemplating
  • radiant
  • and twitterpated

4 comments:

Drew said...

Well, based on your suggestion words, my song suggestion is going to have to be "Goodnight & Go" by Imogen Heap. This song is money.

Drew said...

Or if you want to get really crazy, you could pick "The Best is Yet To Come," by Michael Bublé. Haha

lexio said...

I would say "Lovers in Japan" by coldplay.
I want to win a post dedicated to me!

gigi said...

Okay, I took this challenge very seriously.
In fact I picked a song for every category you gave.
Let's begin.
DELICIOUS-Chocolate by Snow Patrol
ANTICIPATION- All That I Want by The Weepies
DISTRACTED-Half Asleep by School of Seven Bells
BUSY-She Has No Time by Keane
FAMILY-Just for Now by Imogen Heap (PERFECT holiday song, might I add..)
FUN-Musicbox by Regina Spektor
CONTEMPLATING-How Can It Be by Forever Thursday
RADIANT-Sparkling Diamonds from Moulin Rouge
TWITTERPATED-It's Good To Be In Love by Frou Frou
Voilà.