12.05.2008

factory girls

congratulations maggie for winning my song o' the week contest!

i was thinking today about the name margaret. obviously, since maggie doesn't go by her "real" name, she is accustomed to what i'm sure are an array of over-used, funny or sometimes annoying nicknames. margaret, maggie, marge, midge, mags, margarine... i'm sure she's heard them all.

if you think about it, you reach a point in your life when you've heard pretty much every possible nickname that can be squeezed from your name. I'm just glad my parents were sane enough to spare me from a name with a terrible rhyme or just terrible in general.
in all honesty, you could call me camel or chameleon. but that's not very offensive.



i, however, recently came in contact with someone who gave me a new nickname.
drumroll...

camilla ice.

YES. it is now official. i shall be known as camilla ice and camilla ice alone.

the only problem is that i can't remember who dubbed me this glorious title.

3 comments:

lexio said...

Thank you for updating Camilla Ice :) I can now sleep soundly :)

C said...

I haven't heard that one either! Oooh...

gigi said...

Yay, I won. I'm very pleased.
I have not actually heard Margarine before. That is pretty good. But you did forget Margot, MacNoodle, Marjorie, Magdalene, Maglebys...
I like Camilla Ice a lot. Whoever came up with that deserves a blog post dedicated to them.