3.20.2009

hello. i am going to blatantly promote my other blog.
for those of you who don't know, i'm living in paris this fall with the university's study abroad program. our class has put together a blog to tell about our "goings-on." i recently posted this (below). but check out the blog for more cool stuff!

I confess; many of the things I am excited to experience in Paris are nothing out of the ordinary.

I want to walk down the street and eat a baguette.
I want to go to Disneyland Paris.
I want to eat my body weight in pastries.
I want to see a ton of French films.

But possibly most of all, I want to go to the catacombs.


I have been obsessed with serial killers, vampires (the cool,
real kind, not sparkling edward cullens), witchcraft, ghosts, and the gothic for my entire life. Walking through underground tunnels filled with skulls and bones would be a dream come true.


I would be in my element.




The catacombs (l'Ossuaire Municipal)
were created to stash all the dead that were overflowing churches and cemeteries. The bodies were spreading disease, so the government created the underground ossuary to store the dead and protect Parisians.
So let's go! Bones!

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Camille
moviegalcamille.blogspot.com

photos shamelessly stolen from google images.

2 comments:

gigi said...

Oo! I've always wanted to go to the catacombs! Sono gelosa. Heh heh, that's Italian for I'm jealous.
p.s. launcin

Bakes. said...

i promote eating your weight in anything... especially pastries.