2.07.2009

death on two legs

oh phone, how i despise thee!

thy lack of ringing causes lateness to work.
you fall on the ground and get scratched, you jerk.
thy screen is tiny.
thine ringtones are whiny.
you shall be replaced!
i have been disgraced!
i set your alarm every night with great care,
but by morn' you don't ring. how could you dare?
to the depths with thee and thy samsung name!
it is thee, and thee alone that i must blame.

i hate thee with the passion of a thousand nuns.

thy execution is set: today is the date.
i'll buy an alarm clock. i hear they work great.

4 comments:

gigi said...

Beautifully said.
We are both cool humans. Let's hang out.
ps. I thought my word verification was underdog but it's really just undekqg.

lexio said...

my favorite line: "I hate thee with the passion of a thousand nuns."

that's a whole lot of passion. Good luck with that new alarm clock :)

Alexandra Sandvik said...

This is genius.
I imagined the execution something like the beheading of Marie Antoinette.
But maybe a little less French.

You're a diamond in the rough, and I hope to see you more in the dungeon of the Kennedy Center.

Chels said...

I loved this poem. Is there no end to your skill?
P.s. I just barely noticed what the tiny white letters on the picture say. haha, you crazy.